My approach to photography is greatly informed by my background in painting and I use various techniques to blur detail and abstract shapes in the landscape. My work straddles different genres and disciplines as I push away at boundaries in the search for my voice.
I build up layers in my camera and so my workflow is an instinctive, stream of consciousness ramble through shape and colour, light and shade, rhythm and flow and unbridled imagination where each decision I make is predicated on the result of the last one. It is a totally immersive process where the possibilities are seemingly limitless.
I am primarily driven by an exploration of colour and form. Beyond that, I am interested in all manner of contrasts and contradictions and how they play out in the world around us.
I have been fortunate to have been tutored by some highly talented and inspirational professionals, most notably Jay Maisel and the time spent with him and his impressive array of guest speakers in New York continues to influence the way I approach my work.
I have been influenced by many great talents; some of my inspirations include aforementioned Jay Maisel . Also Chris Friel , Rob Hudson , Paul Kenny , Doug Chinnery, Fay Godwin, Ernst Haas, Aaron Siskind, Andre Kertesz, Vivian Maier, Sarah Moon, Arnold Newman, Alexey Titarenko, Charlie Waite - to name just a few.
Thank you for taking the time to visit.
See www.baileychinnery.com for workshops, videos and print services
- 2022 Apr - CPA, Carmel. Juried exhibition
- 2022 Mar - Bosham Gallery, Sussex, solo
- 2021 Sept - Sohn Fine Art - solo
- 2021 Sept - Photo London with MMX Gallery
- 2021 Mar - NYC4PA - first prize - Silent Night
- 2021 June - San Diego Museum of Art - summer exhibition
- 2021 Apr - CPA, Carmel. Juried exhibition.
- 2021 Mar - New York Center for Photographic Art - juried exhibition
- 2020, Oct - Photo London with MMX Gallery
- 2020, Jun - PhotoLA with MMX Gallery
- 2019, Jul - LBIF, New Jersey (joint)
Selected Interviews ETC
- Canon EMEA magazine May 2022
- Arts Society Magazine - Spring 2022
- Outdoor Photography - Feb 2022
- Biblioscapes - Jan 2022
- Pain News - autumn 2021. Windsong and Harmony
- Sky Arts - My Greatest Shot TV series Nov 2021
- ICM Magazine - summer 2021
- Outdoor Photography Mar 2020
- Rfoto - July 2019
- Digital Camera World, April 2016
- Landscape Photography Magazine Oct 2015
- Light and Land - leader insight Sept 2015
- BBC Radio Sussex 19 Aug 2015
- Telegraph online 1st Aug 2015
- The Telegraph 1st Aug 2015
- Landscape Photography Magazine Aug 2015
- On Landscape EndFrame
- Chasing Light- a film by Angus Mitchell
- Craft and Vision PHOTOGRAPH no 11
- Craft and Vision podcast interview with Jeffery Saddoris
- Outdoor Photography January 2015
- Potpourri by Ministract (Tom McLaughlan)
- Land|Sea review at OnLandscape by Paul Arthur April 2014
- OnLandscape March 2014 Featured photographer with Michéla Griffith
- OnLandscape Sept 2013 with Doug Chinnery
- We May As Well Dance Nov 2021 Kozu Books
- Masters of Landscape by Ross Hoddinott
- Fragile - Triplekite Publishing, July 2016
- Land|Sea - Triplekite Publishing 2014